Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Problem With Billboard

In my opinion the music industry is full of fresh talent from all sorts of artists. Sadly it is also filled with corrupt people that get what they want because they have power and possibly money. I have neither. Billboard has power (and it's likely they have money; what company doesn't these days?). Right around 1 week to a week and 1/2 ago, Billboard promoted a parody of "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus. They deemed it "hilarious" and devoted a small post to it. While that seemed harmless at the time, "Wrecking Ball" 'swung' back to #1 the following week. I don't personally have anything against Miley or her songs but it doesn't seem fair. If Billboard is supposed to present us with the "Best Selling Songs in America", then how come they are allowed to skew things the way they want? That seems like a violation.

I also have major problems with the way Radio works but I will have to save that for a later time. What are your thoughts, comments, concerns or questions relating to Billboard? Tweet me, or leave a comment below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips